R. Stephen McCormack
R. Stephen McCormack is a general partner and co-founder of Commonwealth Capital Ventures. Steve has more than 20 years of venture capital and private equity experience. His investment activity has primarily been in early stage technology companies with an emphasis on communications/mobile and software platforms and tools.
Before co-founding Commonwealth Capital Ventures, Steve was a senior vice president with 3i Capital where he managed a large portfolio of private equity investments. Prior to 3i, Steve was a partner of Merrill Lynch Venture Capital, the manager of two early stage venture funds. Steve also was a product manager at Interactive Data Corporation and held positions at Massachusetts Technology Development Corporation and the Bank of New York. Steve earned a BA from Dartmouth College and an MBA from The University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business.
Selected Prior Investments
- Altiga Networks (Acquired by Cisco)
- Akibia Group
- Compete (Acquired by TNS)
- e-Dialog (Acquired by GSI Commerce)
- I-Logix (Acquired by Telelogic)
- Net-2-Net (Acquired by Visual Networks)
- Tally Systems (Acquired by Novell)
- Wavesmith Networks (Acquired by Ciena)
- Viewlogic Systems (IPO)