Jeffrey M. Hurst
Jeffrey M. Hurst is a general partner and a co-founder of Commonwealth Capital Ventures. Jeff has more than 20 years of venture capital and private equity experience. He has experience in the communications infrastructure, information technology, and analytical systems industries.
Before co-founding Commonwealth in 1995, Jeff was a senior vice president with GE Capital’s Corporate Finance Group. Jeff previously served as a managing partner of Cox Partners, a private equity firm, after starting his career with Bankers Trust Company.
Jeff earned a BA in History and Economics from Duke University and an MBA from Tulane University. Jeff is also a Trustee of The New England Aquarium.
Selected Prior Investments
- American Internet Corp. (Acquired by Cisco Systems)
- BBN Technologies (Acquired by Raytheon)
- Copanion (Acquired by Drake Software)
- NBX (Acquired by 3COM)
- Neurometrix (NASDAQ: NURO)
- The MacGregor Group (Acquired by Investment Technology Group)
- Tungle (Acquired by Research In Motion, NASDAQ: RIMM)